lördag 10 maj 2008

The beginning

Hello everyone, and welcome to the brand new, alive and kicking Methatron II blog. This is my first post, and I make it not without a slight feeling of "wow" occurring.

Before getting further on to explaining the purpose of this blog, there will be a brief introduction of your truly, and to keep it short and simple, I confess myself as the author of the Methatron II series of comics. I am 29 years old; resident in Gothenburg, Sweden and have a more or less solid background as as a comics artist, however Methatron II is the first one ever to reach the daylight of the surface.

The idea of creating a sci-fi comic originally came to me in the spring of 2004. Thanks to the electronic music of Front 242 and Front Line Assembly, many bright and beautiful evenings involving far too much coffee, and the resurrection of my all time interest in astronomy, I soon had created a solid gallery of characters, an unwritten synopsis and a title to gather it all under.

But sometimes life happens and paths are diverted from their original route, and the time you've got is simply not enough. Perhaps did I subconsciously classify everything about Methatron II as "boxed", and if so, I was probably subconsciously surprised when I two years later re-discovered the idea, and realized how much I still wanted to go through with it.
By this time, I hadn't had any comics projects going on for almost 3 years, wherefore I figured my skills must have gotten rusty, and as I didn't want to waste a good first story on insufficient drawings, I decided to make a pilot episode, and that's why and how Crash Course was created, and since then Methatron II has been a constant companion though my days.

In June 2007, Crash Course was printed and published in a very limited edition of 30 copies of which only one remains, and that copy is mine. Originally, Crash Course was written in Swedish, but having discovered the lacking interest for comics amongst the publishers in this country I decided to make the following albums in English. Currently I'm also editing a translation of the original Crash Course album, and that's the aftermaths.

Left: The Crash Course frontcover

The making of Genemesis, which is the real first episode of the Methatron II series, is just finished, and after adding text to the pages, it will be ready to be printed and hit the potential publishers.


Anyway, as this post is already too long, I'll try to keep the rest short.
The reason for me to keep this blog while still maintaining a website (which will soon be updated with new galleries, and other nice stuff) is mainly for the convenience of it: A blog is simply easier to update in a quick and efficiant way than a website.

With all this said, I say good bye for now, and hope you will enjoy reading this blog. :-)

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

*feels special by owning one of those 30 copies* :)

Good to have a place like this, much easier and faster to update with news than the regular website.

K. Lindblom sa...

Yeah, and also I think that a blog is relatively easy to find if googling for something. At least one doesn't have to advertise as much for it. ;)